Monday, March 8, 2010

disposable comments








I wanted to post these because they go along with a new project brewing in my head. I don't have specifics yet. Only a deep curiosity with written words and how they affect images. I really like the ambiguous, bold, counter intuitive phrases of this series. The fact that they're written on disposable boxes and packing materials is interesting to me... I believe somewhere the artist said that the phrases are mainly poignant statements he hears/ thinks of. But the temporaryness of all thoughts and words and their apt to change gives meaning to the disposable materials.

Anyway, here's the series. I just like the juxtaposition of words and images in photographs. And I like the paradoxical nature of the words in this series as well as the challenging of cliches and the way we swallow the world.

I guess I just like the idea of saying things that are obviously true but everyone is afraid to say on stuff thats going to end up in the trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment